Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Silhouettes

Silhouette is one of those words that I can never remember how to spell.  Is that just me?  Seriously, I just had to google how to spell it.  Anyway, I'm in a mother's morning group on Mondays and we had the activity of making silhouettes of our children.  They all turned out so cute, so I thought I'd share!

I took profile pictures of the girls. They don't have to be perfect.  See below...




I then printed them in a 5 x 7 size (on my neighbor's printer since mine is broken).  Black and white is totally fine.


I then traced the outline of their profiles with a sharpie marker, like so:


This is my computer rendering version of doing that...my freehand version was MUCH better, but I forgot to take a photo of that of course.

I then taped the traced photos onto a piece of black card stock and cut along the line VERY carefully.  You can add little hairs sticking out and eyelashes to make it look a little more "real". 

I then went to Michael's and bought some scrapbook paper and glass frames and just placed the cut silhouettes in the center and they turned out like so:





Aren't they cute?  I thought they kind of looked decoupagey.  Do you have any good crafts to share?

5 comments:

  1. Love it, Leigh! So cute. I'm most impressed you could get the girls to stand still for the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun project, but I wouldn't have thought of the great paper to put them on... Love that and the glass frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new take using patterned paper behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find that perfect paper, btw? I couldn't find anything that I liked. I might have to re-do mine in a bigger size anyway. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete